Hotmail services came into existence in the year 1996. It was the first free web-based mailing platform. It was launched at a time when internet services were at novelty. Hotmail has grown with technological advancements, and today it stands united with Microsoft. With the recent buying of Hotmail by Microsoft, it was made a part of the MSN platform where the existing users can still have their accesses.
With the Age of Information and the advent of basic mailing systems, the user base of Hotmail started to grow. Today, with collaboration with Microsoft, the new Outlook mailing service stands as one of the most user-friendly mailing portals with free web-based services.
With Hotmail, your professional and social life becomes handy as you can interact without interference. Users who will continue with their Hotmail services will receive further updates to enhance performance and add new features with improved security.
Introduction of Hotmail
Hotmail is the in vogue web-based service in association with Microsoft Outlook that provides mailing services. It is now accessed through Microsoft account. This Hotmail service allows you to access, receive and send email to any corner of the globe through a device with internet connectivity.
It’s easy and simple. One simply needs to create a Hotmail account and then sign into it using his/her user ID and password to access a world of interaction. You can receive and send emails, share documents, photos with business colleagues and with friends. Hotmail is always in the go and makes your personal and professional life simpler and handy.
If you have a Hotmail account you will benefit from using Microsoft features like OneDrive, Skype, Office Online, Windows Live ID, Xbox Live, and others.
If you are standing worried about an inability to create a Hotmail account as Microsoft has integrated it with Outlook.com, you are to feel relieved to know that Microsoft gives you the opportunity to open a Hotmail email account through the Outlook.com sign up page. However, you will be able to create your Hotmail account only through Outlook website. Follow these simple steps to create and access your account.
Create Hotmail.com Sign in Account
The steps that are involved in opening a new Hotmail account through Outlook.com are given below:
- You need to go to the Microsoft Outlook website by opening your favourite web browser. In the address bar, type hotmail.com or www.outlook.com.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft Outlook sign-in page.
- As you still do not hold a Microsoft account, you have to look for ‘Create account option.’ Look for it at the top-right corner of the Microsoft outlook page and give a click.
- You are now directed to a page where you will have to create your email address. Provide in the blank field your desired email address. There you will find a down arrow option, key in to choose your domain. Since you are creating a Hotmail account, choose the @hotmail.com option. Once you have provided your preferred ID, it should look like this [email protected]
- The next type of field that you will find is the Create password option. Everything that one needs to do is to choose a unique password. The password should be at least of 8 characters long combining special characters and alphanumeric characters. The composition should include both upper case and lower case characters. But you must be sure to make a password that you can easily remember.
- You will find a “Send me promotional emails from Microsoft” option which you can always uncheck if you are not willing to receive promotional emails from Microsoft. By doing so, you are being excluded from the promotional email list.
- To continue, click the ‘Next’ option seen below.
- You are now directed to the page that requires credential details.
- You will be required to input your first name and the last name in the boxes allotted. After filling up the fields, click the ‘Next’ option seen in blue colour.
- You are again directed to another page where you will be asked to give the details of your region or country. You will find a drop-down menu from which you have to choose your current location. However, Microsoft Outlook does have the facility to automatically detect your location and fill up the necessary country/region details.
- Below this option, you will see the field to provide with your date of birth. Use the drop-down menu to select your respective dates in month, year and birth date. Once you are done with this, click on the ‘Next’ option seen below.
- The next step is the security check. You need to type in the security information. You will be asked to provide your mobile number that will remain linked with your Hotmail account. You will receive a verification code in your number which you have to use to activate your account. It provides the ultimate security where only you can alter your profile.
- You will then find a box with distorted letters and numbers called captcha code. You need to recognize and correctly type in the code that you see. The code is case sensitive and is a part of the verification process.
- Do not worry if you cannot read the given code. You will get chances to reshuffle them.
- Once you enter the code correctly, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- When all your information is verified and proved correct, your new Hotmail account will be created.
- You then have to use your username and password to sign into your Hotmail inbox.
How to create a Hotmail email alias?
You are allowed to create 10 aliases in a year at any given time by Microsoft. If you are wondering how to create new alias account, do follow up with the easy and simple steps given below:
- First, sign into your Hotmail account and click the option ‘your info.’
- You will find the ‘manage your sign-in email address’ option.
- Find out the ‘add email alias’ and key in. You will then be required to enter a new email alias address. Type in any address that you prefer in the given space.
- You will see the ‘add alias’ option which you need to click on.
- You alias account is now finally created. You will get all necessary information regarding the new email alias through an email.
Hotmail sign in problems
There might be several reasons for which you can face sign in problems. If you are having trouble logging into your account, you might be a password problem, accounted below:
Forget Hotmail Login Password
This is a recurrent problem with Hotmail users. It is very common to keep forgetting your passwords when you have to remember different passwords.
In this case, the best option is to reset your password.
- First, you need to go to the Hotmail sign-in page and click the option ‘forgot the password.’
- You will be directed to a password resetting page where you have to answer why you choose to reset your current password.
- You will then be asked to key in your email address and write down the captcha code properly. This code is case sensitive and provides security measures.
- Click the ‘next’ option.
- You will receive a code on your registered mobile number or in your alternative email account if your security info in Hotmail account has been activated. You need to enter this code correctly to access the ‘create new password’ option.
- Check whether you have your CAPS LOCK turned off. This often leads to entering of wrong passwords. Make sure that you keep a check and create a strong password of at least of 8 characters long combining special characters and alphanumeric characters.
Hotmail Sign in From Different Devices
What will happen if you are trying to sign in from a different device?
Microsoft prevents any unusual or suspicious activity. If you are on your travel and looking for sign-in options from a new device or for the first time, Microsoft might not permit you to access the account. This feature is an added security. It remembers the devices from which you are logged in and refrains from entering in with a the new device. You simply need to confirm that you are the original user of your account to get access to your Hotmail account while signing in from other unknown devices.