Hotmail is a free web-based email service run by Microsoft. One of the world’s first webmail services, it was founded in 1996 as Hotmail. Please do not be confused that Hotmail is redirected to Live and shows Outlook because Hotmail is now Outlook and is hosted on live. This can be little confusing but Microsoft has been hosting its email service on Live. You can do Hotmail Sign in by going to live.com or Hotmail.com and sign in with your email address and password associated with it.
Today, when you login to outlook.com or www.hotmail.com, you get to see several new features with the original overview. One gets to access task functions and use calendars with the modern layout. One can also contact organisations and use webmail facilities while enjoying the new look.
As Outlook and Hotmail have joined hands, the new co-joined web-based email platform attracts more users worldwide with its increased accessibility.
- 1 What is Hotmail.com?
- 1.1 Contact Hotmail Customer Service:
- 1.2 Benefits of using New Hotmail.com Now It’s Called “Outlook”.
- 1.3 Login features of Hotmail.com
- 1.4 Benefits of www.hotmail.com
- 1.5 Login Hotmail Via Smart Phone ( Iphone – Androind – Windows)
- 1.6 Hotmail login process
- 1.7 Hotmail.com Sign in steps by step:
- 1.8 Create www.hotmail.com account
- 1.9 Reset Hotmail.com login Password
What is Hotmail.com?
Hotmail provide first web based email service to world in 1996 and founded by jack smith and Sabeer Bhatia. In 1997 Hotmail was acquired by by Microsoft. After acquisition of Hotmail, Microsoft change their user interface and also add some new features such as anti-virus scanning for attachments, calendar service, built in reading pane, spell checking, search, web messenger as well as many other features.
Hotmail is a successful alternative free email service from Windows Live, rivaling Google’s Gmail.
The service allows users to send and receive emails for free from anywhere in the world and offers refreshed anti-spam and hack protection software for users.
Hotmail is connected to a slew of other services, including Windows Live ID, Skype, Xbox Live and other Microsoft services.
Hotmail was updated to integrate the new Outlook email service in February 2013, giving the interface a whole new look, but the recent updates have caused issues for some who now can’t find the login page.
Here, the Express.co.uk explains where you can find the login page to get back into your Hotmail account.
In 2011 Hotmail have 360 million users per month as well as available in 36 languages. In 2013 Hotmail was replaced to Microsoft free personal email added with some new features such as Microsoft’s Metro design language, closely mimics or interface of Microsoft Outlook.
Contact Hotmail Customer Service:
There are some steps or tips that help you in contact Hotmail Customer Support.
- Log in to Hotmail – First You need to login your Hotmail account with you have a question or issue. You can also do it with any account.
- Click on Help: Click In the upper right corner of a Hotmail web page.
- After that you can click on view other Help suggestions or contact us at near the bottom of the left hand side of the resulting web page
- Select Other –You need to select Contact MSN Hotmail in drop-down list.
- Than you need to fill contact form.
Benefits of using New Hotmail.com Now It’s Called “Outlook”.
Microsoft has spent billions of dollars in the past ten years to improve the services of Hotmail and its emailing services.
Outlook.com is a Free Service from Microsoft.com
Once you log into the system, just type Outlook.com into the search engine and log in with your Account Credentials. If you don’t have an Account, you will see the option to Create Account.
The company has made sure that its servers are secure and safe from cyber-attack for their customers, particularly in recent years.
With Outlook’s new update, users can:
- Delete and archive messages with simple swipes.
- Set messages to reach your inbox at scheduled times.
- Elect to have priority messages sent to your Focused Inbox.
- The calendar feature is great. Share your availability with other users and schedule meetings with just a few clicks.
- The app also allows you to share files from Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive
Login features of Hotmail.com
Before Hotmail has undergone renovation, the login steps for Hotmail account were very simplistic. With the following steps, one could access or log into his/her Hotmail accounts:
- Visit www.hotmail.com or MSN.com to access Hotmail domain.
- One used to log in through Hotmail main page or MSN home page.
- The login panel required a username and a password to log into their email portal successfully.
- The steps mentioned above-allowed users to log into their respective Hotmail accounts successfully.
One could also stay logged in by checking in the option, which gave them direct access to their inbox. This was recommended for the single user system.
The log in is done! The user have successfully logged in to their account on Hotmail after following these steps. Now, the user can perform any desired task on the platform of Hotmail. However, the settings might be different in case of using a mobile browser, but still the steps to log in to the account will be the same as given above.
However, things did not turn out to be that simple. With over-simplified user-interface, there was a severe breach of trust. A natural login process with an ordinary choice of password led to cyber-security issues, with a breach in security encryption.
To improve security standards and provide best cyber protection, Microsoft has introduced several new features to make the process more secured thereby preventing easy hacking.
Benefits of www.hotmail.com
Apparently, Hotmail has identical practicality as Gmail and Yahoo!mail, that is to send and receive e-mails.
We can send email from Gmail to Yahoo, Yahoo to Hotmail or to any service. therefore we have a tendency to don’t have to be compelled to worry if the e-mail we have a tendency to ar headed isn’t identical service as North American nation.
What is clear, as a result of Microsoft’s (hotmail) hotmail is mechanically totally supported by Microsoft to confirm its security and repair may also be warranted.
Yes, it doesn’t desire it’s return to last word. Is it easy to not create e-mails on all 3 services?
Usually everybody has multiple email addresses, I in person have several emails on Google and a few emails on Yahoo and Outlook. you’ll be able to use e-mail to register Facebook.
My recommendation is, separate email based mostly desires. For example: for on-line stores, lectures and offices. With smart email management, your life is best organized. maybe that’s simply an entire e-mail guide that we are able to offer.
Login Hotmail Via Smart Phone ( Iphone – Androind – Windows)
Sign in Hotmail from your Smart phone is same as easyiest as your computer. However, you must meet littal requirements to do This.
The first thing is that you have to a mobile phone compatible with the Outlook app to access from the phone, it is better to do it from in the App than from in the web.
The second requirement is to have a Mobile Data or Wi-Fi connection so that’s your Smart phone has Internet access.
If you have these two requirements, the steps to follow are simple:
- Download the app. The first step is to download the app.
- It’s free and you can get it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, depending on whether you’re using Android or iOS.
- Install and launch it: Once you have downloaded the application, you must install and open it. Download and installation may take several minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Enter your login information: By typing Apps, you will be asked to enter your login information. Just enter them and click “Connect”.
It’s done: With this simple procedure, you will have direct access to your Hotmail inbox.
Enter your Hotmail email address:
Browse through your mobile apps and launch your Outlook app. Go to Settings Then Add Account. The next step is to enter your full Hotmail email in the field provided then tap Continue.
Please ensure you have included the “@hotmail.com” and now “@outlook.com” extension in your email address before you Tap Continue.
Enter your email address password:
On the next screen, you will be required to enter your password for Hotmail email account. Enter your email account password and tap Sign in or Next.
My personal content – Syncing and more:
Outlook requires permission to sync your personal content such as your calendar, contacts and more. To allow the app to sync your data,
Tap Yes or Allow to give the Outlook App permission to start the syncing process.
This allows your data to be available seamlessly from any of your devices.
There you go, finally! Once you have completed the above-mentioned steps, you are now ready to use Outlook for Android. Enjoy the experience.
Hotmail login process
Now we have so many Webmail options available today, it is difficult to decide which one best satisfies your needs and provides a reliable and secure experience.
Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN 365 accounts are powered by Outlook.com. If you are not a Windows Live Hotmail or Outlook user, here are some useful facts that may add many tips for thought about this mail service.
By following the steps given below, one can log in to an account created on the platform of Hotmail:
Hotmail.com Sign in steps by step:
- First You Go to www.Hotmail.com.After It’s open, The user will be presented with the webpage of Hotmail.
- There will be several different options being displayed, such as “Create free account” and “Try our apps“.
- Click on the option of “Sign in“.
- After clicking on “Hotmail Sign in“, the user will be redirected to another webpage.
- Enter the email address in the space provided on this page.
- After entering email, click on the “Next” button provided.
- After this, the user will be redirected to another webpage. Here the password will be demanded to log in.
- Enter the password devised at the time of creating the account and click on the “Next” button.
- The user will be redirected to the inbox of their email account on Hotmail.
- The login is done! The user have successfully logged in to their account on Hotmail after following these steps.
Now, the user can perform any desired task on the platform of Hotmail.
However, the settings might be different in case of using a mobile browser, but still the steps to log in to the account will be the same as given above.
Create www.hotmail.com account
- To create a Hotmail or Outlook account you first need to create a Microsoft account.
- You will need to visit www.login.live.com.
- Some personal information is required in order to complete this process, including your name, username, date of birth and location.
- You can then chose to log in via a new email address or use a mobile phone number to sign up to confirm your new account.
- A “strong” password is always vital to protect your account and personal emails.
- This should include a mixture of capital and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters, such as %[email protected]£$ to make it robust from hackers.
- The next step is to test your login with your new username and password.
Once that is done, you can start building your contacts and messaging them.
Reset Hotmail.com login Password
If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it.
First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn’t on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you think your account has already been hacked, learn how to Get back into your Microsoft account if it’s been compromised, and then follow these tips to strengthen your account against future attacks.
To reset your password:
- Go to the Reset your password page.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the Microsoft account email address you’re trying to recover. If you don’t know or can’t remember the email address for your Microsoft account, see That Microsoft account doesn’t exist for tips about how to recover it.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.
If you have security info on your account, we’ll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you’ll be able to make a new password. Learn more about security info and security codes.
To get help signing in to Xbox Live using your Microsoft account, see “Something’s wrong with your Microsoft account” error occurs when signing in to Xbox Live.
If you’re still having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account, it could be for a few different reasons – like you’ve forgotten your password, you have two-step verification turned on, or your profile is temporarily blocked. To get more help, see When you can’t sign in to your Microsoft account.
Windows 10 PC
To reset your password:
- On the sign-in screen, type your Microsoft account name if it’s not displayed. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one to reset.
- Select I forgot my password below the password text box.
- On the Recover your account screen, type the characters displayed in the box below Enter the characters you see, then select Next.
- On the Verify your identity screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you choose text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send code. Learn more about security info and security codes.
- When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it and then select Next.
- On the Reset your password screen, create a new password, and then select Next. This sets your new password. Select Next again to return to the sign-in screen.
If you’re still having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account, it could be for a few different reasons – like you’ve forgotten your password, you have two-step verification turned on, or your profile is temporarily blocked.